Ready to model the future
a:head is a biotech company that follows a unique approach to drug development by leveraging the groundbreaking brain organoid technology to develop new therapeutics for neurological disorders.
We are located at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC), a vibrant cluster of universities, research institutes, and biotech companies in Austria.
We are searching for a highly motivated Data Scientist to join our data team that manages and analyzes scientific and tissue culture process engineering data to identify insights in disease-relevant phenotypes and culture process optimization.
Your tasks will include:
- Processing time-series and image data
- Managing data within the organization, from raw data all the way to extracted insights
- Supporting the biologists in statistical planning
- Creating tools for the biologists to handle and visualize data
- Identifying patterns within our data via multivariate statistics and machine learning approaches
- Academic degree (Msc or higher) in bioinformatics, computer sciences, biomedical engineering, mathematics or related
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (R, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Solid statistical knowledge (experimental design and statistical analysis
- Good communication skills
- Capable at leading projects, including interactions with external partners such as freelance programmers, image analysis experts, and software developers
- Experience in time-series processing for physiological data or image processing for microscopy data
- Experience in data wrangling, exploration, and visualization
- Experience in AI (scikit learn, tensorflow, or similar matlab libraries)
- Have a solid understanding of basic biology
- Ideally have some experience in databases/SQL
- Ideally have some knowledge of cloud frameworks
The annual gross salary is € 45,000 or higher, depending on qualification and experience – full time (40 hrs./week). Starting date should be immediately.
Applications, including a letter of motivation, a CV, and if possible the names and contact details of two referees should be sent to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your application!
a:head bio AG
Dr.-Bohr-Gasse 7, VBC6
1030 Vienna, Austria